Personal Auto Insurance If you are ever in a car accident, one of the first things that is asked is if the drivers of the cars involved have insurance. It is the law in the United States to have insurance on the car that you are driving. If you do not have insurance, it can get you into a lot of trouble. If you are pulled over by the police and cannot show proof of car insurance, you will get a ticket and face a hefty fine. Having auto insurance is required, but the amount and type of insurance that is required will vary. It will depend on the state that the car is registered in and it will depend on whether a person owns their car outright or if they are financing it or leasing it. Before you get an auto insurance quote, you need to know the types of insurance that you can get and what is often required of a driver and their automobile:
- Liability insurance – This type of insurance is the most common type that is required by the states. Liability insurance will pay for any damage that is caused by your car. It will pay for repairs to damage to property and for any medical bills that are caused by an accident. Liability insurance usually will pay when a driver is at fault for an accident.
- Collision insurance – if a person has only liability insurance on their insurance policy, they could be in trouble if there is damage to their own car in an accident. The liability will only repair the damage to the other vehicle or property involved. Collision will pay for the damage to the person’s own car in an accident. This coverage will pay to repair the damage of the car or will pay the value of the car at the time of the accident if the damage exceeds the value.
- Comprehensive insurance – If a person has a cheap auto insurance policy it may only cover damage caused by an accident. Comprehensive insurance will cover the costs involved if the car is damaged by weather or a tree falling on it or some other mishap. It can also cover the cost of replacing the car if it is stolen or otherwise lost.
- Uninsured Motorist – It is the law to have insurance on a car but not everyone obeys the law. This policy will protect a person if they are involved in an accident with a driver that does not have insurance.
- Gap insurance – This is a policy to protect people that have borrowed the money to buy a car. This insurance will make the monthly payments when a person is not able to for certain reasons.
It is important to have insurance on a car, but if a person wants to get the best cheap car insurance, they need to know what kinds of insurance to get. Understanding the laws about what to get, how much to get will help, but knowing what types of insurance offer is the best way to get the best price on car insurance.
Or speak directly with an agent at Insurance Medics, call now at 1 (866) 396-9140. Our customer enrollment center is open Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 6:00PM EST and Saturday from 10:00AM to 2:00PM. We look forward to answering all your questions and having you as a customer.